Varicose veins is a progressive disorder. Even though varicose veins are prevalent in India and common amongst older adults, most people are unaware of the risks and dangers of untreated varicose veins.
Varicose veins are caused when the one-way valves of a few leg veins are no longer able to resist the gravitational pull. Instead of promoting blood flow back to the heart, these veins tend to restrict blood movement and lead to undesired accumulation of blood in the leg veins.
This causes extreme swelling, pain, and discomfort in the affected area. Patients also complain of itching and a feeling of heaviness along with a sensation of throbbing in the lower legs. Excessive blood pooling also leads to extreme pressure build-up in the limbs.
Patients often fail to recognize these early symptoms of varicose veins which leads to delay or lack in the treatment of varicose veins. The absence of timely medical aid for varicose veins patients can lead to other severe medical conditions as detailed below:
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency – In patients who develop varicose veins but do not get them removed, blood fails to flow back to the heart and continues to remain pooled in the leg veins thus leading to CVI. Due to the lack of treatment, chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) can further worsen to cause blood clots and promote the formation of active venous ulcers.
- Superficial thrombophlebitis – It is an inflammatory medical condition in which blood clots develop in the superficial veins, just below the skin surface. Patients experience pain in the limbs and warmth of skin in the affected area. Delay in treatment not only prevents healing but also further worsens the condition and leads to skin discoloration and DVT.
- Skin Discoloration – Undiagnosed and untreated venous disorders can lead to chronic skin changes. Skin pigmentation and discoloration are a result of inflammation caused due to improper blood circulation and lack of timely medical aid for venous disorders.
- Active Venous Ulcers – Venous ulcer is an open sore that develops due to poor blood circulation in the limbs. It is often accompanied by a foul-smelling fluid discharge and it extremely difficult to heal. These cause extreme pain and can last from a few weeks to even years.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – The presence of blood clots in the deep veins is referred to as deep vein thrombosis or DVT. It is a risky condition as these blood clots can break free and travel to the lungs thus cutting off the oxygen supply and leading to an untimely death.
By now you would agree that it is extremely essential for you to recognize the early symptoms of varicose veins and seek expert medical advice for proper diagnosis and efficient treatment.
You do not have to be scared about underdoing a surgery or getting admitted to a hospital. Painless and minimally invasive laser treatment for varicose veins that is performed with local anesthesia as a day-care procedure is now available at Avis Vascular Centre.
In this laser treatment procedure, a thin laser fiber is passed inside the affected area with the help of a catheter. The position and movement of laser fiber is monitored with the help of a live color doppler scan that helps the interventional radiologist to remove all varicose veins in a single sitting.
Avis Vascular Centre has state-of-the-art medical amenities with an experienced team of interventional radiologists who work round-the-clock to ensure the best treatment and a comfortable medical experience for patients of all age groups.
The team of doctors at Avis Vascular Centre is led by the highly qualified interventional radiologist Dr. Rajah V Koppala who has over two decades of medical experience and has treated 13000+ patients.
He leaves no stone unturned to offer the best-in-class treatment and ensures 100% recovery for one and all. He measures his success in terms of patient satisfaction and ensures to offer a convenient and hassle-free medical experience.
If you are looking for advanced but affordable medical treatment for varicose veins, schedule your appointment with Dr. Rajah V Koppala at Avis Vascular Centre for the no-cut, no-stitch, and no-scar laser treatment and get a free color doppler scan facility. Book your consultation today!