Are you suffering from Varicose veins that are tough to alleviate? Those hidden veins under the skin can be treated by our Vein experts at Avis vascular center using an ultrasound guided, state-of-the art procedure called Sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy offers incredible benefits to patients. It helps your doctor to visualize varicose veins beneath your skin so that he can guide the needle and inject the sclerosing agent accurately to the hidden damaged veins. It can address all your vein related concerns without being subjected to highly invasive surgical procedures which has major associated risks including scarring, and infection.
Considered to be one of the safest Vein procedures available today, sclerotherapy has a non-invasive nature and requires no removal of tissue or skin from the affected area.
How is sclerotherapy performed on veins?
Your doctor will use a small needle to inject a solution, known as the sclerosant, directly to the damaged veins which stimulates the blood vessels and causes them to swell. Once swollen, the blood flow is cut off and rerouted to healthier veins. Absence of blood flow causes the damaged veins to shrink and eventually they get absorbed into the body.
Am I a good candidate for sclerotherapy?
During your visit to Avis vascular center, our Vascular specialists will perform few tests and enquire about your medical history. This decides your suitability for this minimally invasive procedure. Few other factors that doctors consider are mentioned below:
- You have not been pregnant or breastfeeding in the recent past
- You belong to age group, preferably, between 30 – 60
- You understand that more than one procedural session will be required
- You have realistic expectations about the outcomes
- You are aware of the possibility of new varicose veins that may develop at a later stage
- You are willing to strictly follow doctor’s instructions before and after the procedure
If any of the below mentioned factors apply to you, then you may not be a suitable candidate for sclerotherapy.
- You are unwell and bedridden for a while
- Not three months have passed since you gave birth to your baby
- You have active blood clotting disorders or deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- If you suffer from any condition that might need a vein for future surgical bypass procedures, such as the saphenous vein for coronary artery bypass graft surgery, doctors will not do sclerotherapy on that vein
However, it is still a good idea to talk to your doctor as the success of the procedure depends on several factors and your treatment needs to be tailored to suit your individual requirements.
Though Sclerotherapy is generally considered a safe alternative to treat your veins, some adverse side effects are observed following the procedure in some cases. Your mind can be put to ease by speaking to our expert physicians about all aspects of the procedure. So, get in touch with our doctors today.
For Appointment Call
Andhra Pradesh: 9989527715