During winters, most of us love to spend our time inside our homes. We tend to move a lot less than usual and also consume higher amounts of caffeine while drinking hot beverages such as tea and coffee.
This is what makes the winter season a big struggle for your veins. Due to a sudden drop in the mercury and lack of physical activity accompanied by an increased intake of undesired ingredients, our veins suffer from additional strain as the body tries to adapt to the weather changes.
This is likely to cause the existing varicose veins to become worse and also promote the formation of new varicose veins. In order to prevent this from happening, it is of utmost importance for you to take additional care of your veins health during winters.
In the winter season, the lower temperatures cause the vein to constrict which in turn puts undue pressure on the veins. Also, a drop in the atmospheric pressure causes blood circulation to become inefficient.
In this blog, let us learn about some simple tips that are highly beneficial for your vein health during winters:
- Stretch Twice a Day – Stretching your body is really important especially in the winters. Gentle stretches help relax the tight areas of the body and also reduces the chances of an injury. These are beneficial in improving blood circulation which is crucial to avoid the formation of new varicose veins.
- Exercise Everyday – Subtle workouts are best for your varicose veins. Mild to moderate movements helps improve your heart rate thus promoting blood circulation. Physical activity for as low as 20 minutes every day can work wonders for your vein health and overall well-being.
- Eat Healthy – Even though you are tempted to eat comfort foods and holiday meals in the winters, it is best to consume nutritious meals that are low on sugar, salt, and carbs. Ensure to be mindful of what you are eating and try to include proteins and good sources of unsaturated fats in your food.
- Drink More Water – We do not feel that thirsty and thus often miss out on drinking enough water in the winters. Staying hydrated is the key to reducing strain on your veins and also improving your overall health. Ensure to set an alarm to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
- Avoid Sitting for Too Long – In winters, we are likely to sit at the same place and in the same posture for longer durations at a stretch. Inactivity is a major risk factor for vein disorders. You must ensure to get up and move every once in a while to keep the blood flowing.
These tips will make it easy for you to take care of your varicose veins at home. But if you notice your symptoms getting worse, you must not rely on home remedies and seek immediate help from a vascular expert.
Do not worry, with medical advancements, new and advanced painless treatment options are now available for varicose veins. The Endovenous Laser Ablation treatment is a minimally invasive day care procedure. It is performed with local anaesthesia and does not require admission to the hospital.
In the laser treatment, the international radiologist makes a small cut to insert a thin laser fibre in the affected area. The heat from this laser fibre is used to burn off and remove all varicose veins. The body re-absorbs these dead veins and re-routes blood to neighbouring healthier veins.
The patients get immediate relief from the pain and the swelling. They can go back home on the same day and even resume office from the next day itself. There are negligible chances of any side-effects and patients require only minimal post-treatment care.
The endovenous laser treatment is a safe procedure and delivers great results. Patients from all age groups are known to benefit from this painless treatment of varicose veins. All varicose veins can be easily removed in a single sitting and there is no risk of recurrence either.
Laser ablation is by far the best procedure for varicose veins. Dr. Rajah V Koppala is an internationally qualified vascular surgeon and specializes in the painless EVLT treatment of varicose veins. He has completed 13000+ surgeries with a 97% success rate. He is a distinguished interventional radiologist, patients speak highly of his medical excellence and professionalism.
He is the head of the department at Avis Vascular Centre which is India’s only comprehensive medical institute for state-of-the-art medical cure and care of vascular disorders. It has world-class medical amenities and advanced infrastructure to offer best-in-class treatment to all patients.
If you are at high risk of varicose veins or have started to see some early signs, you must seek expert medical advice from none other than the renowned vascular surgeon, Dr. Rajah V Koppala. Schedule your appointment for a thorough medical examination today, dial 9989527715 to book your first consultation today!