As you already know by now, varicose veins are not only a cosmetic issue but pinpoint to a serious venous disorder and must never be ignored. Painful or painless, varicose veins must be treated by experienced vascular experts to reduce the likelihood of extreme health complications that may pose a serious threat to life!
In this blog today, we will throw light on some of the lesser-known facts about varicose veins, their symptoms, causes, and treatment. Read till the end as awareness to varicose veins will help you diagnose and get them treated on time.
- Opposed to what most people believe, varicose veins can occur anywhere in the body but are most common in the legs and feet as the gravitational pull makes it difficult for the blood from the lower body to flow back to the heart.
- Varicose veins can lead to intense circulatory disorders and may result in loss of a limb or even death. Any vein that causes discomfort must be addressed by healthcare practitioners.
- Undiagnosed and untreated varicose veins can lead to chronic blood pooling and result in venous insufficiency and blood clots in deep veins known as Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Hormonal changes, overexposure to the sun, and inherited factors can also cause varicose veins and spider veins.
- Doppler scan is used to examine the blood flow direction and thus helps to analyse if the valves of certain veins are working as desired or require treatment.
- A few patients with varicose veins or venous insufficiency are also reported to complain of Restless Leg Syndrome.
- You must avoid scratching varicose veins as doing so can lead to venous ulcers or open sores that are painful and cause extreme discomfort.
- Those who are at a high risk of varicose veins must avoid wearing tight clothes that hinder the blood flow at the waist, groin, or legs.
- Venous insufficiency can cause non-healing ulcers and excessive bleeding from varicose veins.
- Of all the treatment methods, endovenous laser treatment is by far the best option. It is a type of minimal access surgery where an expert interventional radiologist makes a small incision to close-off the varicose veins.
Dr. Rajah V Koppala at Avis Vascular Centre specializes in the endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins. He is a highly qualified and exceptionally trained interventional radiologist with over two decades of experience.
In the endovenous laser treatment process, the doctor places a laser fibre through a small incision. The laser fibre is directed to the affected area and the heat from it is used to burn off the varicose veins. The varicose veins are reabsorbed in the body which also re-routes the blood to the other neighbouring healthier veins.
This procedure is not only painless and 100% safe but also quick and requires only minimal post-surgical care. There are negligible chances of any complications or recurrence of varicose veins. The patient experiences immediate relief from the swelling, pain, and discomfort.
Avis Vascular Centre is well-equipped with the most advanced medical amenities and has a modern infrastructure for the utmost care and comfort of each patient. We make every possible effort to ensure that all our patients have a hassle-free and stress-free medical experience.
Book your consultation for a medical check-up, diagnosis, and minimally invasive laser treatment of varicose veins from expert healthcare practitioners at Avis Vascular Centre today!